I have now created a .pdf version of my portfolio. You can find the high resolution version here.
These images are from my design qualifier exam in 2011. The design problem was to design a gearbox that connected a Kinect camera to a robot body. However, the design needed to be child-proof and resist a 3ft drop. My conceptual design included a gearbox and a compliant torque limiter. The gear train uses a […]
For our senior-level capstone project, my team and I developed an improved interlocking brick for use in developing countries. When used for houses smaller than 30’x30′, it may reduce the cost of construction up to 30%. Our team consisted of Joey Kent, Emily Savage, Stanton Woods, and me. Our project received a lot of attention […]
This video describes a app design our team developed through ME 553, Product and Process Design. The design focuses heavily on customer needs and process design and a business plan.
For my junior-level instrumentation class, my team and I were assigned to create a device to calculate wind speed and direction. Using parts from around the lab, we created this: This device used a hobby propeller attached to a DC motor, mounted as a windmill on a potentiometer. The wind would cause the propeller to […]
While not strictly an engineering feat, my sisters and I constructed an igloo from snow brick over the course of two days while over break. The bricks were formed using bread pans, and I stacked them into the shape. The brick pattern is only visible on the dome because a snowstorm hit during the night […]
For my manufacturing processes class, we had to design and build a working device. Our team chose to make a desk that featured a magnetic whiteboard surface and rotatable legs which would allow the desk to be positioned in any convenient way. The desk featured a solid oak table-top, magnetic and whiteboard surface, pencil holder, […]
In my junior-level instrumentation and measurements course, we were required to build a test rig for a model rocket motor. This photo shows us using LabView to collect data from the strain gauges mounted on the arm.
A trombone I made in Catia in 2008 as a TA for the freshman level graphics course at BYU
This is a short clip of the CNC operation for the posable desk my team and I made for our sophomore manufacturing class.